Monday, November 11, 2013

Advice to Baruch College

First of all, I would suggest to make a better version of Baruch college app for smart phones. Baruch College already has an app where students and faculties can get some information regarding to school such as calendar, news, course catalog etc. However, most of students don't even know about this app. It looks simple and has core information about school system, but it's just pretty much same as the Baruch College website. I would like to make this app better and more useful for students by adding some systems.
 I will make this app available to put students' current courses they are taking and this system will be connected to blackboard, so that students can be informed when their classes are canceled or they can check new posts on the course blackboard without logging on blackboard on computer every time. Of course, this proposal needs another system which is alert. It is kind of annoying to go check website's calendar every time I am not sure if the school is closed or not like today. Today was a veterans' day and I expected to have no school since it is national holiday, but the school was open and I took some time to check if the school was open on the website. Also, this alert system will be helpful to inform students and faculties when the school has to close due to unexpected heavy snow or tornado.
There is another section called "People" on this app. When I clicked, there was nothing that I can do with. I can make this section to chat with classmates in a casual way. Students can have a short discussion about their projects by using this app.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew that Baruch College has an App. I agree, Baruch needs to either update their website or update their app because I often have login problems on blackboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This current app has become useless since you can get the information directly from the school's website. You are right, it needs to be updated, and become interactive so that students can download it.

    ReplyDelete